Homefromhome-logo
London Vacation Property Specialists
Est. 1989
Call Now (toll free US & CAN)

Telephone-white1 800 748 9783

London Vacation Property Specialists

*

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I book an apartment?

Select the dates of your trip to London and how many people are in your travel party. You may choose your preferred area or leave this option blank to see the widest variety of London locations. Now comes the tricky part: choosing the property that suits you best. Then all you have to do is enter your details and any requirements you have and let us find you your dream Home from Home.

Alternatively, give us a call, let us know what you need and we will do all the above for you.

How do I pay?

You can pay by MasterCard, Visa or bank transfer (if you’re check-in date is more than 8 weeks away)

If the arrival date is more than 8 weeks away, we would only need 25% of the rent as a non refundable booking deposit at the time of booking. Then, 8 weeks prior to your check in date, we would take the remaining 75% of the payment. If your booking begins within 8 weeks, then we would take the full payment upon booking. The refundable security deposit is taken two weeks prior to your check in and refunded to the same card approximately 2-3 weeks after your check out date.

The booking deposit of 25% must be made by credit card at the time of booking. The balance can be paid by credit card or bank transfer.

Unfortunately we cannot accept American Express – sorry!

How do we check out?

Check out time is 10:30am however a late check out can be requested – just give us a call or send us an email.

If you require a late check out, please contact us before your stay as the only way to 100% secure a checkout that is later than 10.30am is to book an extra day. If there are alternative possibilities, we’re happy to discuss these when you contact us.

If you have not yet given your departure details before your arrival, that’s not a problem as long as you give us a call during your stay (please make sure its more than three days before your departure date!). We can then make all the arrangements for your departure including the collection of keys, taxi transfers etc.

What about checking in?

As soon as your booking is confirmed, all you need to do is go to our website and complete the arrival/departure form: http://www.homefromhome.co.uk/arrivals/new

There are two options to collect the keys to your Home From Home:

The first one is to book one of our taxis (through the arrival form) and our drivers will take you to the property, let you in and hand over the keys.

Or, if you are making your own way to the property, we can arrange for a housekeeper to meet you at the property and hand over the keys (there will be a small charge for this if you need to be met outside of office hours).

If you’re super organised and already know your departure details – great! Go ahead and add them to the form too.

Please remember to include as much information as possible in the Arrival/departure Form

How does the Telephone get charged?

If you incur extra charges on using the Home’s land line telephone, you will be informed and the charge will be deducted from your refundable security deposit. Please be aware that not all properties offer the use of a telephone –see the features on the individual property pages or feel free to ask any of the HFH Team.

What if I need to cancel my booking?

We require full payment eight weeks prior to arrival. Should you need to cancel the booking, a refund is subject to us being able to re-let the property. We do strongly advise, therefore, that you take travel insurance to cover you for this eventuality.

For bookings made outside the eight week period, we require a 25% Booking Deposit to hold the property. This is non-refundable.

What is the service fee?

The Service Fee covers the following: key hand over arrangements. One set of high-quality linens and towels. Help desk managed by our friendly, dedicated office team. 24 hour emergency telephone line. 

We are always at the end of the phone while you are here and will do our very best to help with any questions you have.